BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Can a Video Game Ruin Your Life?

My friend Johnathan made a video the other day responding to someone asking him if he thought video games could ruin someones life. He made some valid point and I will be posting the video at the bottom of this post. So let me put my $100 bill in LOL!

I SOOOO understand how a video game CAN ruin your life. I'm not much of a video game person, but I do have my days where I play games for very extended amounts of time and miss important things. I won't touch a game for like 6 months and then for like 2 weeks to a month I'll play a game NON STOP, Even avoiding Twitter; y'all know I love my twitter! I don't think I have ever went to the extent of missing work, or failing a class because of it tho. However, I can see how it can be taken that far. People become addicted to some many things in life, so I'm sure people can be addicted to playing video games, but it's important for the gamer to remember that the game is not going to pay his/her rent or work for his/her education. I remember my longest time avoiding life to play a game was when I had some Mario game at the age of 14. I couldn't beat that game for SHIT, but I was determined to do it! I played that game for like 2 months straight! I got so little sleep... Maybe that's why I sleep so long now; I'm regaining those lost hours. LMAO

How long have you guys avoided life and all it's joys just to beat a game? Let's talk Dolls. BYL!


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm slightly late on this but yeah if taken too seriously the games can be detrimental and addictive. I can't play a game too long for one sitting though before it starts to mess with me so I have no choice but to limit my time from 1-2 hours at a time.

The key is basically to set a goal for that period and once it's met, put down the controller and go do something else for a few hours. Eventually you find joy in other things. Such as twitter (which I feel like I am getting addicted to, must be mindful of my time there).

We're imperfect, we have to just work on being less imperfect and it will work out. :D

Search This Blog